Monday, January 19, 2009

Today I decided I wanted to write a bit about my jewelry over on etsy ^_^ I like to talk about my custom orders and such so why not do it here? FIRST I must thank Shielou for the idea - she posts about her jewelry once a week and I find it entertaining to read :D

I recently sold a few necklaces that I thought I was never going to sell. My Pretty in Pink Stitches and my Edward's Golden Eyes necklace! I love how both of those turned out but they've been sitting in my shop for so long I was thinking that I was going to be buried with them, but then Super Brandi showed up! Total sweetheart! She also wanted a custom order that I've always had in the back of my mind to do but I wasn't really sure if it would go over well or not. She wanted a necklace featuring Jeff Dunham!! For those of you who haven't heard of him, he's a ventriloquist who has several characters in his show. Brandi's favorite (and mine) is Peanut, a little purple goofball with lime green hair :D


So when Brandi asked me to use the photo below I was stoked to do it! She'll be going to see him next month and wanted to have something eye-catching and special with alot of green and purple!



I think I accomplished that! This turned out to be awesome!






Alternating the purple chain with the green chain on the side of the necklace worked really well! I wasn't too sure if it was going to because sometimes the chain likes to be stubborn and twist in funky ways but those two styles worked when put together ~_^ I also love the green paint on the pendant. It's not really a neon green, it's more of a minty green, but it's really pretty and makes Jeff and Peanut stand out! Brandi is going to have a great time when she goes to see him! Luckily Jeff made it here to the theater before the flood came and he was totally great! ^_^

My next order is one for snewbear. It's for her daughter who is actually going to meet Kellan Lutz!! So she wanted to have something with him as her favorite Cullen. She wanted a necklace similar to EmmettFanGirl's but in black and green instead of black and red. Totally cool! And the back is going to be blank so that he can sign it! ROCK ON! hehe. I can't wait to finish it, although I'm going to have to buy batteries for my camera before then. It died last night after I uploaded Brandi's photos and naturally I don't have any more in the house -_-



So until then, hats off!
Laina

1 comment:

  1. LOL We watched this show last night. I luv Walter and, of course, jalapeno on ey steek. ~__^

    ReplyDelete