Monday, January 12, 2009

School and Snow Don't Mix

Currently I am sitting at home in my pajamas watching the snow continue to fall outside the window -_- Today was supposed to be the first day of the semester but I think we've all come to the conclusion that school and snow don't mix. I did however, make it to my first class before it was cancelled so at least I've been to one of out 5 of them so far.

All was not lost though - I came home to find the mail truck in the driveway. That poor guy. I swear he has a hate group against me for all the packages I get *sad puppy face*. I discovered a very large one waiting for me just inside the door (my Mom had brought it in) and low and behold it was my brand new shiny black violin!! Ahh it's so pretty :) Now I just need to figure out how to play it O_o. I know how to play guitar (although I'm certainly nothing spectacular) and I've been wanting to learn how to play the violin for a while now. Back when I was a kid my Mom wanted to put me in either dance lessons or violin lessons. Being a complete goofball I chose dance. Mom, why did you listen to me then? Well, years later I've changed my mind. SO I'm trying to decide if I want to either try to get the basics down on my own or if I want to take lessons. I could call on my no-longer guitar teacher and see if he knows anyone in the biz (hehe I just wanted to say that).

Luckily for me I know who I can go to for advice! Believe it or not my favorite band, HURT, actually takes the time to talk to their fans, considering this and the fact that the EXTREMELY talented lead singer J. Loren has been playing violin since the tender age of 8 (I asked him myself :D) I figured I would drop him a message and see if he has any pointers for me. By the way the apallingly talented crafter Shielou is making me a charm of the hottie musician!! I can't wait to drool over it . . . *cough* I mean get it in the mail! Check out her shop at http://www.shielou.etsy.com/!

I'll have to include some photos of my perdy fiddle later but for right now it's getting used to the temperature of the house and I don't really want to mess with it after nearly 10 days of traveling to my house in the below zero temperatures ^_^

Hats off!
Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment